Stay tuned for upcoming The Seven Principles For Making Marriage Work workshop in Portland, Oregon (January, 2020)
About 7 Principles For Making Marriage Work
Dr. John Gottman has revolutionized the study of marriage. After four decades of research on all facets of relationships, the Gottman Institute has developed an approach that not only supports and repairs troubled marriages, but strengthens happy ones.
Benefits of Participation:
Provides structure, motivation, and accountability to work through materials found in the 7 Principles book.
- It is encouraging to be with other couples who are also working on improving their relationships.
- It is lighthearted and less threatening than therapy, but may also be a bridge to therapy if needed.
- Helps couples articulate goals, expectations, and time frames for working on their relationship in a positive way.
- Encourages both partners to work on their relationship together rather than one partner reading the book alone.
- A great resource for pre-marital couples to learn skills that will enrich their relationship through a lifetime. may also enrich current marriage counseling.
The Seven Principles Program is Appropriate for:
- Pre-marital couples
- All couples in a committed relationshipIf you have a strong relationship, this workshop will provide you with insights and tools to make it a great one. If your relationship is distressed, this two-day workshop will provide a road map for repair.
The Seven Principles Program is Inappropriate for:
- Significant emotional or physical abuse
- Mental health problems
- Relationships where one or both partners are addicted to drugs, alcohol, or other compulsive behavior.
Study Materials Provided
You will receive the bestselling book The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work that has a culmination of four decades of research, made widely available for couples who long for better relationships.
You will also receive Two Couples Guide which allows each partner to journal and follow along during the workshop, as well as, use as a helpful reference at home.
Gallery from outdoor workshop in Summer 2019, Portland, OR